The immigration services and real estate markets are steadily growing. In some countries, demand exceeds supply by several times.
As of 2016, total HNWI wealth worldwide amounted to US $64.3 trillion. Growth in the number of high net worth individuals is being mirrored globally by an increase in the number of services and programs offered to encourage investor migration. The international real estate market sees more transactions as private wealth grows.
- Russia has 182,000 high net worth individuals (HNWIs) who collectively control US $1.027 billion.
- In 2016, Russian international real estate investments increased by 12% compared to 2015.
- 83% of HNWIs from Russia and the CIS invest in real estate in Europe.
- In 2015, 646 foreigners obtained Maltese residence, of which 258 (more than 40%) were Russian.
- Germany, Great Britain, and Cyprus enjoy the greatest popularity among citizens of CIS countries looking at acquiring properties worth €1 million or more.
- In 2016, immigrants favored the USA, Germany, Canada, and Finland.
- Russians favored Germany, Italy, Cyprus, Switzerland, Austria, and Great Britain as investment countries.
- In 2016, Russian demand for international real estate grew by 15%.
- Cyprus has 40,000 Russian-speaking residents.
- In 2015, more than 200,000 Russian nationals emigrated.
- More than 800,000 Russian-speaking immigrants reside in the USA, of which 200,000 are based in New York.